Full-Time Program Information
SouthernTech offers a variety of training formats to meet your needs.
If you would like to attend school Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 11:00am or 12:45pm - 3:45pm, August through May, then a Full Time Program may be what you need. Tuition is based on the number of hours in the career program. Full Time Programs with 600 hours or more may be eligible for financial aid. If you are interested in a Full Time Program and have questions, please contact a Career Advisor today.
If you would like to attend classes one or two nights a week for a few weeks to enhance your skills in a variety of personal interest, computer, or health related areas, then Adult Career Development may be what you need. Classes meet in the evenings and on selected Saturdays. Financial aid is not available for Adult Career Development classes. If you are interested in short-term classes, please visit our Customized Training (Workforce & Economic Development) page.
If you are part of a business and would like information about scheduling customized classes or conference center facilities to fit the schedules of your employees, please visit our Workforce & Economic Development page.
Full Time Programs
APPLY: Full Time Programs - High School
The Application ProcessTalk to your High School Counselor
- Your high school counselor gathers the required documentation and schedules your interview with the SouthernTech representative.
- SouthernTech staff will interview you to discuss your application.
- Notification of acceptance into a SouthernTech program will be given to your high school counselor, then your counselor will notify you. After approval of enrollment, an acceptance letter will be sent to your home address.
- Over the summer, accepted applicants will be provided a Link for the enrollment packet with forms to be signed by your parent and the dates to come to SouthernTech for enrollment. If you do not have access to a computer, go to your local library or SouthernTech campus in order to download and print forms.
**High School Seniors: Begin the APPLY: Full Time Programs - Adults admission process below
(This is for those who want to attend after graduation).
Complete application at APPLY NOW!
APPLY: Full Time Programs - Adults
The Application Process
Review career program information and determine whether you want to enroll in a Full Time Program or an Adult Career Development short-term course. To speak with a career advisor, call 580.224.8204.
Continue with this checklist if you want to enroll in a Full-Time Career Major (Note: If you want to enroll in Practical Nursing (LPN), please contact the Health Careers office at 580.224.8259 or 580.224.8269). For adult short-term classes, contact the Workforce & Economic Development office at 580.224.8201 or 580.224.8205 for enrollment information.
Adults must complete the entire checklist before consideration is given to applicants. YOUR APPLICATION IS INACTIVE UNTIL ALL DOCUMENTATION IS SUBMITTED.
Payment is due on or before the first day of class and I will secure my funding by completing one or all of the following steps:
- I will self pay
- My sponsoring agency will pay for my career major (provide documentation to the financial aid office).
- I have completed the FREE application for federal student aid at www.fafsa.ed.gov (click here for instructions).
Take the ACCUPLACER
Contact the testing center at 580.224.8202 for additional information. If you have an ACT composite score of 19 or above taken within the last two years, or a compass test which meets SouthernTech cut scores taken within the last two years, you may not be required to take the COMPASS (Contact Adult Advisor for more information 580.224.8204).
Complete the Career Interest Assessment:
- Go to www.okcareerguide.com
- Go to “Ready to Get Started tab and click on either “Student or Adult.”
- Scroll down and create an account-CHOOSE “Southern Oklahoma Technology Center” as your school.
- Take the Kuder© Career Interests Assessment or O*NET's Interest Profiler
- Print out results and attach to your application
Complete the APPLICATION by clicking on APPLY NOW
Submit the following required information to the Adult Career Advisor:
- Verification of in-district residency-Driver’s License, identification card, utility bill (in your name), Passport.
- Copy of HS Diploma, GED, or Post-Secondary Transcripts.
- Original Social Security Card, (copy will be made through the registrar).
Interview with SouthernTech Adult Admissions Advisor.
- Schedule an interview at 580.224.8204
After you have completed all the above:
Your application packet containing your application, assessment documentation, transcript documentation, and verification of your financial aid application will be given to the Director of Student Services. You will receive a phone call, email or a letter stating your status:
- Enrolled with a definite start date designated
- Placed on a waiting list with a projected start date
- Referred to tutorials and placed on a waiting list
If you do not receive notification within 15 days of completing the application process, please call the Registrar at 580.224.8204.
You must contact the Registrar at 580.224.8204 after receipt of notification letter concerning your decision and acceptance of enrollment status. (If Registrar is not contacted within 10 days, SouthernTech assumes that the applicant has declined acceptance of enrollment status.)