Current Employment Opportunities
You may apply for employment at SouthernTech by clicking on the Introduce Yourself button beneath the position for which you wish to apply. Only applicants that complete the application and the assessment process will be considered. If you have a disability which adversely affects your ability to complete an on-line application, please contact Jo Ann Simon, HR Director, by telephone at 580-224-8340 or by email at [email protected] or Jenn Muniz, HR Coordinator, by telephone at 580-224-8275 or by email at [email protected] for assistance.
FULL TIME POSITIONS
Administrative Assistant - Workforce & Economic Development
Purpose of Job:
Provides administrative assistance to WED Director, Contractor Safety, Corporate Training, Conference Center patrons and rooms, and quality professional office assistance and clerical support for other departments as needed.
- High School Diploma required, Associates preferred.
- Possess Microsoft Office Specialist certifications in Word & Excel or be willing to obtain within 1 year.
- Possess an OK CareerTech BIS certification or be willing to obtain within 2 years.
- Proctor certifications as required by the Testing Center or be willing to obtain within 1 year.
- Computer Training – CareerTech Certificate preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in direct customer service.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule.
Purpose of Job: Keep buildings in clean and orderly condition to include emptying trash, dusting. cleaning windows & doors and sanitizing hard surfaces. Perform heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass, and removing rubbish. Duties may include moving furniture & equipment, performing routine maintenance activities, notifying management of need for repairs, and cleaning snow or debris from sidewalk.
- HS diploma or GED required.
- 1-2 years' custodial experience
- must be willing to work 3:30 pm - 11:30 pm Mon - Thu & 10:00 am - 6:00 pm on Fridays.
- must be able to legally drive a SouthernTech vehicle.
- Forklift Operation Certification required or must be willing to obtain within 90 days of hire.
Bus Driver/Grounds Maintenance
Purpose of Job: Drive gas or diesel bus on routes and field trips as assigned, observing state and city speed limits and safety regulations as well as customer service and safety policies. Maintain campus grounds and fleet vehicles in a clean and attractive manner. Monday - Friday 10:00 am to 6:00 pm.
Education and Experience:
- High School or GED preferred.
- Valid Oklahoma Driver’s License (CDL A or B) w/ passenger and school bus endorsement.
- School Bus Certification
- Valid DOT Physical Qualification Card
- Previous landscaping & grounds maintenance preferred.
PART TIME POSITIONS
Contractor Safety Administrative Assistant
Hiring for a part time administrative assistant for Safety Contractor Training to provide administrative support. Hours vary Monday & Wednesday, between 7:00 am – 3:00 pm & Friday, between 7:30 am – Noon, not to exceed 19.5 hours per week. Successful applicant will meet the following requirements:
- HS diploma or GED
- Computer training, Career Tech certification preferred
- Ability to learn site specific software
- 1-2 year's direct customer service experience
Adjunct Vocational-Technical Instructors, Post-secondary
Purpose of Job: Teach or instruct vocational or occupational subjects at the postsecondary level to students who have graduated or left high school. Subjects to be taught include technical & industrial trades, business skills, health careers, safety, leadership skills, and life long learning classes. Teaching may take place at the Career Tech, at a satellite facilities or at a business location. Availability will be on a part time as needed basis throughout the fiscal year.
Requirements: At least 3 years of experience in the last 5 years in area of instruction and/or specific trade certification, if required.
Adult Basic and Secondary Education and Literacy Teachers and Instructors
Purpose of Job: To provide instruction to emPower Academy and AEFL students in areas of Reading, English, ESL and Civics (Social Studies, History, Government) Education in order to prepare students to take the GED/HISET.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters preferred.
- Oklahoma State Department of Education 8th - 12th grade Level Standard Teaching Certificate required. Certification in Reading, English, ESL and/or Civics (Social Studies, History, Government) Education preferred.
- Three years’ in the last 5 teaching experience required.
- Knowledge of teaching best practices.
- Keen knowledge of teaching using technology.
Subject matter experts needed to instruct classes in the absence of the regular instructor.
- Certification in the subject matter area if required by the governing agency.
- Three - Five years experience in the subject matter area.
- Experience with a learning management system preferred.
Director of Human Resources