Auto Collision Repair
The Auto Collision program focuses on building a strong foundation for damage analysis and collision repair. Students learn how to work safely in a collision shop environment. Students will also learn repair and replacement skills using techniques associated with non-structural metal straightening , plastic body components, MIG welding, body panel adjustment and alignment, and trim and hardware. Hours completed are aligned with Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)/ National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF) standards, and students have the opportunity to earn ASE certifications that are highly valued in the industry.
National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF)
Applicants must complete a SouthernTech Application for Admission. Additional information and applications are available at the SouthernTech campus and online by visiting our Student Portal (please create an account prior to showing interest or applying by clicking the blue Sign In button). Enrollment for this career program is open to adults and in-district High Schools (juniors/seniors).
- In-district: $2.50 per hour
- Out-of-District: $5.00 per hour
- Out-of-State: $7.50 per hour
Financial Aid and Scholarships
This program is not yet approved for Federal Financial Aid; scholarships may be available.
Courses (600 hours)
- Auto Collision Damage Analysis
- Auto Collision Computerized Damage Estimating
- Auto Collision Written Estimating
- Auto Collision MIG (GMAW) Welding
- Auto Collision Non-Structural Metal Straightening and Repair
- Automotive Body Panel Adjustment and Alignment
- Auto Collision Plastic Component Repair and Replacement
- Auto Collision Trim and Hardware
Estimated time to complete: 10 months
- 8:00-11:00 AM
- 12:45-3:45 PM
The following list is associated with the approved SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) for this program and does not necessarily represent immediate opportunities; additional training may be required for some options listed.
Auto Body Man, Auto Body Repair Technician (Auto Body Repair Tech), Auto Body Repairman, Automotive Body Technician (Auto Body Tech), Body Man, Body Technician (Body Tech), Collision Repair Technician (Collision Repair Tech), Collision Technician (Collision Tech), Frame Man, Refinish Technician (Refinish Tech)
– Approximate Pay Potential: $14-29 per hour.