EMPOWER Academy is for Adults and High School Students!
EMPOWER for Adults: AEFL-Adult Education Family Literacy Program
- Adults receive either their GED or HISET at the end of the Program
- Adults may also sign up for Academic Enhancement for skills in workplace
- New session begins every 8 weeks.
EMPOWER Program helps reconnect students, ages 16-20 to a high school diploma. The EMPOWER Program is a credit recovery program designed to reconnect students to educational and occupational goals. Students pursue a high school diploma. Education will consist of halftime academics and halftime career training/life skills.
- Students must be age 16-20 and must complete program before age 22
- Students must have at least 10 credits
- Students must be eligible to be in 11th or 12th grades and at-risk for dropping out of school.
- Students within the SouthernTech Consortium/live within district
- Students must be enrolled in their home high school
- HS Counselor or Principal may make a referral.
SouthernTech works with High School to provide students with academic classes needed in order to graduate; Student remains enrolled at their home high school and is served on the SouthernTech Campus.
Students who have been adjudicated may apply however, EMPOWER will only consider non-violent students-additional documentation may be required.
Students encouraged to attend a Tech Program while attending EMPOWER (Restrictions do apply)