Financial Aid Coordinator: Terri Downs
Financial aid is designed to help students offset the cost of education related expenses such as tuition and fees, books and supplies, room and board, and transportation. These expenses are also referred to as the student’s Cost of Attendance (COA). Southern Tech participates in several financial aid programs to assist adult students with their educational expenses. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the first step in the financial aid process. Including Southern Tech's School Code, 010342, in Step Six of the FAFSA will allow our Financial Aid Office to receive your Institutional Student Information Record (ISIR) and determine your eligibility for need based aid. Documentation may need to be provided if you are selected for verification or if your Student Aid Report (SAR) contains any adverse comments or codes. Southern Tech will then use your information to prepare a financial award package of estimated eligible aid unique to you and to complete any needs analysis forms for your sponsoring agencies. The links below provide a more detailed description of some different types of available financial aid.
(Southern Tech does not participate in any loan programs.)
Applying is easy!
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov.
- Use the Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) to electronically transfer any tax data from the IRS database.
- Use the IRS website to request an immediate online or mailed tax return transcript.
- Enter Southern Tech's school code, 010342, as a preferred institution to receive your FAFSA information.
- The Financial Aid Office at Southern Tech will receive your information, determine your eligibility and prepare a financial aid package uniquely for you.
Explore the US Department of Education’s Federal Student Aid website at www.studentaid.ed.gov . This website provides reliable information on all aspects of preparation, application and eligibility for Federal Aid. If you have more questions or need further assistance you can contact Southern Tech's Financial Aid Coordinator, Terri Downs, at 580-224-8235, or firstname.lastname@example.org , or Student Services Department - Stone Hall West.
Bridge and Roberts Scholarship Application
Drug & Alcohol Prevention Program
Federal Pell Grant and State Grants
Financial Aid - How to Apply
Early Withdrawal and Treatment of Title IV Aid
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Career Programs
- 3D CNC Machining
- Auto Collision Technology
- Auto Service Technology
- Clinical Medical Assisting
- Computer Aided Design AC
- Computer Aided Design MN
- Construction Technology
- Cosmetology Adult
- Cosmetology High School
- Dental Hygiene
- Diesel Technology
- Graphic Design
- Heavy Equipment Operation
- HVAC Technology
- Master Instructor
- Medical Office
- Nail Technician
- Nurse Assisting
- Practical Nursing
- Video Production
- Web Design
- Gainful Employment Disclosures
- Career Programs Invitation