Current Employment Opportunities
You may apply for employment at Southern Tech by completing an Online Employment Application and Applicant Data Record. If you have a disability which adversely affects your ability to complete an on-line application, please contact Jo Ann Simon, HR Director, by telephone at 580-224-8340 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Application attachments such as resumes, transcripts or certifications may be sent to:
Jo Ann Simon, HR Director
2610 Sam Noble Parkway
Ardmore, OK 73401
Fax (580) 223-5561
FULL TIME POSITIONS
Administrative Assistant to Deputy Superintendent
To assist the Deputy Superintendent with day to day administrative operations of the office. Job requirements include:
- Associates degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least three years professional office administrative experience.
- Formal computer training – Career Tech Certificate preferred.
- Possess or be willing to obtain all Microsoft Office Suite Specialist certifications.
- Extensive networking contacts with local organizations.
- A strong command of the English language, both written and oral.
- Excellent communication skills.
HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATION INSTRUCTOR
Heavy equipment operators! Are you tired of working outside in the cold? Do rain delays play havoc with your income? Would you like to share your experience and help build a pipeline supply of properly trained operators? We can help with all of these issues! SouthernTech is seeking an Instructor for our Heavy Equipment Operation program and would like you to apply. Required qualifications to be considered for this instructor position are:
- A minimum of 3 years in the last 5 years work experience operating various types of heavy equipment such as bull dozers, backhoes, road graders, excavators, etc.,
- Experience with survey, planning and finishing grades,
- A “Class B” CDL,
- Must be able to obtain National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) instructor credentials within 90 days of hire.
PART TIME POSITIONS
Sign Language Interpreter
To provide interpreting/transliterating services for deaf and hard of hearing non-student clientele using manual and oral methods of communication. Must be able to effectively and impartially covey the thought, intent and spirit of the speaker to the client. Vocational training or degree preferred. Experience may be substituted for education. On call, as needed.
To run either a morning or afternoon route. HS diploma or GED and CDL A or B with P & S endorsements and State of Oklahoma school bus certification required. Up to 995 hours per year @ $17.50 per hour. No benefits.
SUBSTITUTE BUS DRIVERS
To run various bus routes on an as needed basis. HS diploma or GED and CDL A or B with P & S endorsements and State of Oklahoma school bus certification required. $20.00 per hour, up to 5.5 hours per school day.
Qualified subject matter experts in Diesel Technology, Mechatronics, 3-D/CNC Machining, Auto Collision Repair, HVAC, Welding, Construction Technology, Digital Video Production, CAD, Heavy Equipment Operation, Auto Services, or Graphics Arts to conduct classes in the absence of the regular course instructor.
Qualified subject matter experts to conduct short term Corporate & Career Development classes in the following fields:
Various Health related courses:
- Daytime Phlebotomy
- Long Term Care Certifed Nurse Assisting
- LTC Activities Director
- Nurse Refresher
- Clinical Medical Assisting
Other Short Term Courses:
- Motorcycle Rider Coach
- Adobe Acrobat
- CDL & Bus Driver Written Exam Prep
- Tax Preparation
- Pilot car Training
- Real Estate Exam Prep
- Bank Teller Training
- Private Security Guard
- Self Defense Act/Conceal Carry
- Small Engine Mechanic
Southern Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate with regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
- General Information
- Board of Education
- Contact Us