Have you always had a talent for highlighting hair, giving the perfect manicure, or completing makeovers on all your friends? SOTC's cosmetology program could be the place for you. Students in this career pathway prepare for a career as a licensed cosmetologist, manicurist, or esthetician through a variety of hands-on training, video and multimedia presentations, guest speakers, lecture/discussion forums, small group activities, demonstrations and team training. Students are prepared to take the Oklahoma State Board of Cosmetology Exam. This two- to- three year career pathway is open to high school students and adults.
The student must:
- be at least 16 years of age by November 1st of the current year
- submit completed student registration application accompanied by a fee of $5.00 (must be a Money Order) before attending class
- submit proof of at least eighth grade education or equivalency or submit proof of satisfactorily passed and ability to benefit exam
- submit, if under 18 years of age, a photocopy of birth certificate or other legal proof of age
- submit 2”x3” current full-face photograph of the applicant as requested on registration form. A current photograph is one taken within the last six months
Applicants must complete a Southern Tech Application for Admission. Additional information and applications are available at the Southern Tech campus and online at www.sotech.edu. Enrollment for this career major is open to partnering High Schools (juniors/seniors) and Adults.
High School Student: Free. Adult Student (in-district): $2.50 per hour; Adult Student (Out-of-District): $5 per hour; and Adult Student (Out-of-State): $7.50 per hour. Additional costs may include books, supplies, and miscellaneous fees.
Financial Aid and Scholarships
Financial aid and scholarships are available for qualifying students.
|Cosmetology - Adult|
|Hairstyling / Shampooing & Conditioning||245|
|Hair Texture Chemical Restructuring||265|
|Basic Manicure / Pedicure||120|
|Estimated time to complete (Full Time)||1.5 years|
|Estimated time to complete (Half Time)||3 years|
Targeted Certifications and/or Credentials
► Oklahoma State Board of Cosmetology and Barbering (OSBCB) Cosmetologist
Certifications may vary by Program and are subject to change without notice.
Adults (Half Time) 8:00-11:00 AM or 12:45-3:45 PM; Adults (Full Time) 8:00-11:00 AM and 12:45-3:45 PM; High School Students 8:00-11:00 AM or 12:45-3:45 PM
The following list is associated with the approved SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) for this program and does not necessarily represent immediate opportunities; additional training may be required for some options listed.
Barber Stylist, Beautician, Cosmetologist, Hair Dresser, Hair Stylist, Hairdresser, Hairstylist, Manager Stylist, Master Cosmetologist, Stylist – Approximate Pay Potential: $8-24/Hour. (source: https://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/39-5012.00):
For Gainful Employment information, click here.
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Career Programs
- Program Information Guide
- 3D CNC Machining
- Auto Collision Technology
- Auto Service Technology
- Clinical Medical Assisting
- Computer Aided Design AC
- Computer Aided Design MN
- Construction Technology
- Cosmetology Adult
- Cosmetology High School
- Dental Hygiene
- Diesel Technology
- Graphic Design
- Heavy Equipment Operation
- HVAC Technology
- Master Instructor
- Medical Office
- Nail Technician
- Nurse Assisting
- Practical Nursing
- Video Production
- Gainful Employment Disclosures
- Career Programs Invitation