Current Employment Opportunities
You may apply for employment at SouthernTech by clicking on the "Introduce yourself" links beneath the position for which you wish to apply. If you have a disability which adversely affects your ability to complete an on-line application, please contact Jo Ann Simon, HR Director, by telephone at 580-224-8340 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
FULL TIME POSITIONS
HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR INSTRUCTOR
Heavy equipment operators! Are you tired of working outside in the cold? Do rain delays play havoc with your income? Would you like to share your experience and help build a pipeline supply of properly trained operators? We can help with all of these issues! SouthernTech is seeking an Instructor for our Heavy Equipment Operation program and would like you to apply. Required qualifications to be considered for this instructor position are:
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Standard Oklahoma Teaching Certificate preferred or willingness to obtain in accordance with district policy.
- A “Class B” CDL with P & S endorsements required, Class A preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years in the last 5 years work experience operating various types of heavy equipment such as bull dozers, backhoes, road graters, excavators, etc.
JOB PLACEMENT COORDINATOR
Job Start Date July 1, 2020
To assist students and alumni in obtaining program related jobs and to assist students in the development of essential job skills to enhance the employability of the students enrolled in all technical programs at Southern Tech while maintaining compliance with State of Oklahoma Career and Technical Education requirements and Southern Tech Board Policy.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in communications, sales or related field required. Master's preferred
- At least three years work experience in employee placement activities or a related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and direct diverse individuals and employers
- Demonstrated ability to communicate through a variety of media with a wide range of government, industry, union and other groups and individuals
- Knowledge of industry certifications provided through SouthernTech training
MARKETING COORDINATOR/PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICER
Job Start Date July 1, 2020
To develop and implement a marketing and communications plan for Southern Tech that connects the purposes and philosophies of the technology center to the community-at-large and to potential clients, employees, students, and volunteers by making effective use of a variety of communication strategies all while ensuring brand integrity.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in English/Journalism/Marketing and/or Master’s Degree preferred in related field or equivalent experience in field of 5 -10 years
- NIMS PIO certification required or be willing to obtain
- APR Certification Required or be willing to obtain.
- Marketing certification preferred
- Working knowledge of computerized office programs, Oklahoma School Law, federal and state laws, and the Southern tech education system
- Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative suite
- Working knowledge of all relevant social media platforms
- Working knowledge of photographic imaging and related techniques
PART TIME POSITIONS
To run various morning or afternoon bus routes. HS diploma or GED and CDL A or B with P & S endorsements and State of Oklahoma school bus certification required. $17.50 per hour not to exceed 995 hours per fiscal year.
SMALL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
To provide small business management and entrepreneurial services for area business and industry and provide communities in the Southern Tech district with economic development assistance through training. Market Southern Tech’s small business services, recruit participants, and emphasize how Southern Tech can enhance the organization’s economic growth and development. Visit business communities, industry, and other private or public organizations, to create an awareness of the technology center services and establish professional rapport with the local business and industry leaders in the district. Provide one-on-one consulting services that assist clients in improving small business productivity and viability. Develop community and school district relationships that position Southern Tech as an active economic development resource for business and industry.
Successful applicants will meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in an industry, business, or education related field or equivalent in quantified work-related experience and professional development required.
- Minimum five years recent experience as a self-employed business owner, manager of small business, or other service focused on small business development.
- Relevant ODCTE BIS certification preferred.
- CPA Preferred.
- Computer literacy and proficiency with common and current Microsoft applications.
SUBSTITUTE BUS DRIVERS
To run various bus routes on an as needed basis. HS diploma or GED and CDL A or B with P & S endorsements and State of Oklahoma school bus certification required. $20.00 per hour, up to 5.5 hours per school day.
Introduce Yourself For Substitute School Bus Drivers
Qualified subject matter experts in Diesel Technology, Mechatronics, 3-D/CNC Machining, Auto Collision Repair, HVAC, Welding, Construction Technology, Digital Video Production, CAD, Heavy Equipment Operation, Auto Services, or Graphics Arts to conduct classes in the absence of the regular course instructor.
Introduce Yourself For Substitute Career/Technical Education Teachers, Secondary & Post-secondary School
Qualified subject matter experts to conduct short term Corporate & Career Development classes.
Introduce Yourself For Adjunct Vocational Education Teachers, Postsecondary
SouthernTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate with regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Jo Ann Simon
Director of Human Resources