Current Employment Opportunities
You may apply for employment at SouthernTech by clicking on the "Introduce yourself" links beneath the position for which you wish to apply. Only applicants that complete the application and the assessment process will be considered. If you have a disability which adversely affects your ability to complete an on-line application, please contact Jo Ann Simon, HR Director, by telephone at 580-224-8340 or by email at email@example.com for assistance.
FULL TIME POSITIONS
FINANCIAL AID COORDINATOR
to provide comprehensive financial aid awareness, counseling, enrollment services, and application process assistance to students and to interact with agencies and sponsors to evaluate and process financial aid in an efficient and timely manner. Qualifications include:
- Associates degree in accounting, finance, or related business field required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Federal Student Aid (FSA) Fundamental certification required or must be willing to obtain within 1 year & must be willing to obtain FSA Advanced certification within 5 years.
- Experience in Financial Aid in CareerTech or higher education preferred.
- One to three years related experience and/or training required or may have an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of computerized office programs, Oklahoma School Law, federal and state laws, and the Southern Tech education system.
- Ability to function professionally and accurately during high stress situations.
- Ability to plan, implement, facilitate and complete multiple projects in a timely and efficient manner.
- Possess effective communication skills, excellent organizational skills, and ability to utilize good judgment in decision making.
Auto Collision Instructor
To insure each Auto Collision enrollee obtains the knowledge and skills to advance to the level necessary to attain related certifications and gainful employment. Responsible for the administration, coordination, supervision, and implementation of any full-time program at Southern Tech while maintaining compliance with State of Oklahoma Career and Technical Education requirements and Southern Tech Board Policy. Qualifications include:
- High School diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
- Possess or be eligible for Oklahoma State Department of Education Provisional Teaching Certificate or OSDE Standard Teaching Certificate.
- Must be willing to work toward OSDE Standard Teaching certification in accordance with district policy.
- NOCTI or Trade related certification (as required by ODCTE) within one year of first being hired.
- ASE NATEF Certifications: Painting and Refinishing, Non-Structural Repair, Structural Repair, Mechanical and Electrical, all required within 6 months of being hired.
- 5 S organization of shop, lab, storage areas within six months of being hired.
- Must have 3 or more years of experience in subject area within the last 5 years.
PART TIME POSITIONS
Part Time Bus Drivers
Seeking a school bus driver who is willing to work a morning or afternoon route or both. A high school diploma or GED and a Class A or B CDL with passenger endorsement and a valid State of Oklahoma school bus operator certification required. Position is part-time, not to exceed 995 hours per year.
Qualified subject matter experts to conduct short term Corporate & Career Development classes.
Subject matter experts to teach occupational, career and technical, or vocational subjects in public or private schools in the absence of the regular instructor on a part-time as needed basis.
TEXAS CITY SAFETY COUNCIL is seeking Part-time Administrative Assistant
for contractor safety. Job site is located on the SouthernTech campus for a part time temporary assignment. Successful applicant will meet the following requirements:
- High School Diploma required, Associates preferred,
- Excellent keyboarding skills,
- Ability to learn site specific software programs,
- 1-2 years’ experience in direct customer service
- Must be available to work flexible hours as needed.
Texas City Safety Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer
SouthernTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate with regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Jo Ann Simon
Director of Human Resources