Current Employment Opportunities
You may apply for employment at SouthernTech by clicking on the "Introduce yourself" links beneath the position for which you wish to apply. If you have a disability which adversely affects your ability to complete an on-line application, please contact Jo Ann Simon, HR Director, by telephone at 580-224-8340 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
FULL TIME POSITIONS
HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR INSTRUCTOR
Heavy equipment operators! Are you tired of working outside in the cold? Do rain delays play havoc with your income? Would you like to share your experience and help build a pipeline supply of properly trained operators? We can help with all of these issues! SouthernTech is seeking an Instructor for our Heavy Equipment Operation program and would like you to apply. Required qualifications to be considered for this instructor position are:
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Standard Oklahoma Teaching Certificate preferred or willingness to obtain in accordance with district policy.
- A “Class B” CDL with P & S endorsements required, Class A preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years in the last 5 years work experience operating various types of heavy equipment such as bull dozers, backhoes, road graters, excavators, etc.
To perform custodial work in offices, class rooms, industrial areas, and other building interiors on campus. Evening shift (2:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.), Monday through Thursday, and (10 a.m. to 6 p.m.) on Friday. Competitive salary and benefit package.
- Assist in technical support for SouthernTech computers, video conferencing equipment, projectors, a/v equipment, and related peripherals such as monitors, cameras, scanners, printers, accessories, etc.
- Assist in maintenance of systems, upgrades and repairs.
- Assist in maintaining working inventory of campus wide computer hardware.
- Assist with the administration, maintenance, and/or repair of network equipment, wifi access points, software, hardware, software upgrades for SouthernTech campus and extension centers.
- Assist with maintenance to Campus Security Cameras, indoor and outdoor
- Assist with purchasing and existing equipment repair or replacement through suppliers or contractors.
Successful applicants will possess the following:
- High School Diploma, Associates preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ college or vocational/technical training in computers, with emphasis on PC hardware, software, and maintenance troubleshooting, preferred.
- CompTIA A+ Technician, Microsoft or Technology Associate (MTA) required or must be willing to obtain within 6 months.
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) preferred.
PART TIME POSITIONS
Qualified subject matter experts to conduct short term Corporate & Career Development classes.
Part Time Bus Drivers
Seeking a school bus driver who is willing to work a morning or afternoon route or both. A high school diploma or GED and a CDL A or B with passenger endorsement and a valid State of Oklahoma school bus operator certification required. Position is part-time, not to exceed 995 hours per year.
FOOD SERVICE WORKER
To assist in the preparation and service of food and on-site catering. Must possess Food Handlers certification or be willing to obtain within 60 days of hire. Previous food service experience preferred. $10 - $12 per hour depending on experience. Must be willing to cross train in all food service areas.
SouthernTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate with regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Jo Ann Simon
Director of Human Resources