Current Employment Opportunities
You may apply for employment at SouthernTech by clicking on the "Introduce yourself" links beneath the position for which you wish to apply. Only applicants that complete the application and the assessment process will be considered. If you have a disability which adversely affects your ability to complete an on-line application, please contact Jo Ann Simon, HR Director, by telephone at 580-224-8340 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
FULL TIME POSITIONS
to assist the Financial Department in daily operations including but not limited to payroll processing, accounts payable, inventory control, and other normal business office duties. Required qualifications to be considered for this salaried exempt position are:
- Associates degree in Accounting, Finance or other business related field required. Bachelors’ degree in those fields preferred. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of education
- Three or more years’ experience in Accounting or Finance required, preferably in school or governmental setting
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to reason and think critically
Full–time Evening Custodian
to perform custodial work in offices, class rooms, industrial areas, and other building interiors on campus.
- HS diploma or GED required.
- 1-2 years' custodial experience
- Must be willing to work 2:00 pm - 10:00 pm Mon - Thu & 10:00 am - 6:00 pm on Fridays.
- Must be able to legally drive a SouthernTech vehicle.
Competitive salary and benefit package. This position will required pre-employment physical and drug testing.
PART TIME POSITIONS
Qualified subject matter experts to conduct short term Corporate & Career Development classes.
Part Time Bus Drivers
Seeking a school bus driver who is willing to work a morning or afternoon route or both. A high school diploma or GED and a Class A or B CDL with passenger endorsement and a valid State of Oklahoma school bus operator certification required. Position is part-time, not to exceed 995 hours per year.
FOOD SERVICE WORKER
To assist in the preparation and service of food and on-site catering. Must possess Food Handlers certification or be willing to obtain within 60 days of hire. Previous food service experience preferred. $10 - $12 per hour depending on experience. Must be willing to cross train in all food service areas. Position is part time not to exceed 995 hours per year.
Subject matter experts to teach occupational, career and technical, or vocational subjects in public or private schools in the absence of the regular instructor on a part-time as needed basis.
Texas City Safety Council
Part-time Administrative Assistant for contractor safety. Job site is located on the SouthernTech campus for a part time temporary assignment not to exceed 2.5 days per week. Successful applicant will meet the following requirements:
- High School Diploma required, Associates preferred,
- Excellent keyboarding skills,
- Ability to learn site specific software programs,
- 1-2 years’ experience in direct customer service
- Must be available to work flexible hours as needed.
SouthernTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate with regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Jo Ann Simon
Director of Human Resources