Current Employment Opportunities
You may apply for employment at SouthernTech by clicking on the "Introduce yourself" links beneath the position for which you wish to apply. Only applicants that complete the application and the assessment process will be considered. If you have a disability which adversely affects your ability to complete an on-line application, please contact Jo Ann Simon, HR Director, by telephone at 580-224-8340 or by email at email@example.com for assistance.
FULL TIME POSITIONS
EVENING MAINTENANCE WORKER
Perform work involving the skills of two or more maintenance or craft occupations to keep machines, mechanical equipment, or the structure of an establishment in repair. Duties may involve pipe fitting; boiler making; insulating; welding; machining; carpentry; repairing electrical or mechanical equipment; installing, aligning, and balancing new equipment; and repairing buildings, floors, or stairs. HS diploma or GED required. Must be able to legally operate a SouthernTech vehicle. Must be able to work Monday - Thursday from 3:00 pm - 11:30 pm & Friday 9:30 am - 6:00 pm.
Keep buildings in clean and orderly condition to include emptying trash, dusting. cleaning windows & doors and sanitizing hard surfaces. Perform heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass, and removing rubbish. Duties may include moving furniture & equipment, performing routine maintenance activities, notifying management of need for repairs, and cleaning snow or debris from sidewalk.
- HS diploma or GED required.
- 1-2 years' custodial experience
- must be willing to work 3:30 pm - 11:30 pm Mon - Thu & 10:00 am - 6:00 pm on Fridays.
- must be able to legally drive a SouthernTech vehicle.
- Forklift Operation Certification required or must be willing to obtain within 90 days of hire.
PART TIME POSITIONS
ADJUNCT HEALTH CARE INSTRUCTORS
Teach health related occupational, career and technical, or vocational subjects for adult only short term health classes.
- Minimum Education: HS Diploma or GED
- Licensed by governing state board in health related area to be taught
- 3 years of experience in the last 5 years
- ability to work evening and/or Saturday class schedule
Qualified subject matter experts to conduct short term Corporate & Career Development classes.
PART TIME ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - LOVE COUNTY
Needed for a newly opened educational facility in Love County. Position will work a flexible schedule including evenings & weekends as needed not to exceed 995 hours per year. Competitive salary. Successful applicant will meet or exceed the following requirements:
- High School Diploma required, Associates preferred,
- Professional office administrative assistant skills,
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite,
- Ability to learn site specific software programs,
- Excellent communication skills,
- 1-2 years’ experience in direct customer service
Subject matter experts to teach occupational, career and technical, or vocational subjects in public or private schools in the absence of the regular instructor on a part-time as needed basis.
Food Service Worker
To assist in the preparation and service of food and on-site catering. Must possess Food Handlers certification or be willing to obtain within 60 days of hire. Previous food service experience preferred. $10 - $12 per hour depending on experience. Must be willing to cross train in all food service areas.
SouthernTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate with regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Jo Ann Simon
Director of Human Resources